the shaman

life of a troll shaman inside and outside world of warcraft...

leaderboard

Thursday, July 01, 2010

Globe Wimax Review

Recently subscribed to Globe Wimax to get 4G technology. I have availed the 1 mbps package for 995 pesos.

What I can say is that, the signal is consistent. There are very few bumps I encounter, intermittent disconnection.  My signal strength is around 80-90% seems good so far.
Now with the juicy part of reviews when it comes to internet service providers, the speed test.

I have used speedtest.net and wi-tribe sites to test the bandwidth.


Here is a test from speedtest, notice my download speed is capped at 510 kbs, and my upload at a whooping 10kbps. Globe is doing a good job (sarcasticly speaking)



Next at wi-tribe speedtest tool, this test is very consistent since Day 1, I have been with globe wimax for 2-3 weeks now.

I have been calling customer support and technical support about this issue. They respond with a standard protocol, trying to troubleshoot your system and all like its really obvious they don't know what they are saying, also tried email and chat support. All not helpful.


Now the Issue is that from Globe's datanet server there is a limiter or a cap that limits your bandwidth to separate each account when subscribed to 512kbps or 1mbps. My case is an example of a wrong account configuration. I searched you tube for some others speedtest results, They are doing good at 1mbps package.


Above is a speed test that should be for 1 mbps package. I keep addressing this issue to customer support but, they always come up with a lame excuse everyday, like there is a problem with the network and they are fixing it. when actually the problem is the server cap configured wrongly on my account. And there are arrogant customer support representative that will say "you are only entitled to 30% of your subscribed speed" and some will say the dreaded "up to xxx mbps" tag line.

The Consistency of the network is good for me, but the bandwidth is really wrong. I should be receiving 1mbps and not a 512kbps bandwidth like the ones subscribed at 512 kbps package. So sometimes it is not with the distance with the cell site or anything, but with something they failed to look at in the first place.

To date, I am continuing my battle to get what I deserve to have, and will continue to call customer service to get my issue resolved.



6 comments:

Brad Farless said...

Wow. Exact same issue I'm having.

Unknown said...

hello brad, yes i have that issue,but that was day 1 up to the 3rd week, after that i have good bandwith when you check my post on globe wimax final review http://www.dashaman.com/2010/07/globe-wimax-review-final-take.html then good up to now, having the 0.30 mbps downloads speed. =(

Anonymous said...

why is it globe wimax is being capped per month that limits to 25 gig for 1 mb plan users?

Unknown said...

hello anonymous, its in the fine print, this is to limit excessive use of torents, to avoid network congestion among users.

but there are cases that there are slowdowns even if you didnt use that much of a bandwidth, that sucks really

Anonymous said...

How come the new subscriber was not inform when he sign up the fine print, due to excitement that its unlimited on advertise over their TV commercials, the new subscriber hurriedly get one, unlike in witribe they 1st inform the new applicant that their wimax is being capped and never did say its unlimited. What a false commercials on TV...lol!

Unknown said...

hello anonymous, yes they got me also, i never knew about that bandwidth limit until i've been paying them more than a month.

i wasn't informed by the agents who facilitated the installation of my wimax.

speed is good tho, except the occasional limit, that i bet i never hit the 25GB treshold and still get capped a few cases a month.

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Adbox

2013_06_03_AFF_Mobiles_300x250

My Visitors