the shaman

life of a troll shaman inside and outside world of warcraft...

leaderboard

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Leiomyosarcoma

It is sad news to hear from a friend and a fellow rider, William de Gorostiza aka BigDaddyCool (NOS). That he have undergone a cancer treatment, firstly identified as a cancer in the Urinary Bladder. After the operation it was later found out it was Leiomyosarcoma. He said, provided that there will be no re-occurence he will be fine and undergo several chemo-therapy sessions.

I feel sad that a friend is fighting for life, facing an inevitable opponent and a miracle as a weapon. He have quit smoking for about a year.

I remember the days, I rode with him during NOS's first visit to Palaisdaan ride or was it the First circum-navigation of Laguna lake. visit to Caliraya Lake 2. During that time, we are both facing the urge and hardship of trying to quit smoking. I am still smoking to date, I hope I can find the strength to quit before it is too late.

I told him, maybe this is just a wake up call, that God is here to challenge his faith. God is kind, He has reasons for this. Please everyone, give 5-10 seconds of your time. Pray for his recovery.

Once a NOS always a NOS. You have NOS that will pray for your recovery BigD.

2 comments:

Sharon in SF said...

Please send your friend to www.LMSdr.org . We have resources for leiomyosarcoma families (LMS).
The online support/discussion groups have saved hundreds of lives. This is such a rare cancer that you we need each other to stay informed.

Together,
Sharon Anderson
San Francisco
7 yr. stage IV, LMS survivor

Unknown said...

Thank you sharon for your comment, i had to apologize took me a longer time to respond. i have refered my friend to the website you suggested. =D

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Adbox

2013_06_03_AFF_Mobiles_300x250

My Visitors