the shaman

life of a troll shaman inside and outside world of warcraft...

leaderboard

Friday, June 10, 2011

Globe Wimax plus One year of Service equals HP Officejet J3608 All-in-one

Globe Telecoms/Innove with their Globe Wimax offered us a Free HP Printer/Fax (Officejet All-in-one J3608) for being a subscriber for one year. Yes, It's been a year since my Globe Wimax Review here, here and here. They sent it thru courier after receiving a call from them regarding our One/First Year with the internet service.

The catch? Stay with them for a couple of years, two years to be exact. We have nothing against the service tho, except from the annoying customer service representatives. So we decided to stay, what the heck its FREE and we needed a new printer anyway.

The unboxing experience and test print up next.



To my surprise, I found some things I didn't expect to be inside the box. I found an empty wrapper of Sugo Roasted Peanuts, 4 soda pop caps, and 1 used up Sun Prepaid Card Load. Judging from the crime scene, I have an idea who the culprits are, either one of my baby girls Ham and Chiz stashed those stuff in the box opening. They even tried to pull out the guide manuals with the messed up fold traces on them. They sure did made me smile those naughty vermins.


Delivery Papers

HP Officejet J3608 All-in-one
Neat, now lets fire it up. I plugged in the power cords and turn the power on, I already mounted the ink cartridges and now it asked me to align the printer heads. From the manual, I should print an alignment printout.


Here is a sample printout of the test print, now to align the heads. Reminiscing the days of HP Deskjet XXXX (way back from the 90s) alignment is by choosing the correct printout of lines and colors and punching it in on the application/drivers from within windows OS, but this one simply asked me to let the scanner do the trick. Pretty neat actually, it has been ages since I personally play with printers.


Next is to test drive the print quality, I opened up a word processor typed in some text and inserted some photos and printed it out.

Its a surprise that linux kernel drivers recognized the printer thru USB with no additional installation, Plug and Play beauty as it is supported. So I did choose the printer and clicked print.



Nicely done. The kids love seeing their photos. Thank you Globe for this nice FREEBIE.
This is my signal strength and link quality without the
External antenna on my location.






0 comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Adbox

2013_06_03_AFF_Mobiles_300x250

My Visitors