the shaman

life of a troll shaman inside and outside world of warcraft...

leaderboard

Friday, June 24, 2011

How to turn your PSP as a learning media for your kids.

My 3 year old baby "Ham" is addicted to PSP (Playstation Portable). She plays, Monster Hunter 3rd Portable, she can't hunt Dragons (Rathians or Rathalos) yet, but sure can hunt the small to medium monsters. Ham also plays Patapon 2 and Tombraider as an alternative. And occasionally World of Warcraft.

Lately it's been hard for me to part her away from my PSP. We argue over her playtime.

So I decided to turn her enthusiasm into a more productive experience, When she was 1 year old, I spent time teaching her ABC's with www.starfall.com a site dedicated to learning how to read, learning ABC's and numbers.


Utilizing today's technology, PSP 2000 has a wifi adapter and a flash enabled web browser. I just punched in the URL and gave her back the PSP, Now she can learn her ABC's with ease, fun and interactively play a minigame after every alphabet lessons.

Learning needs to be fun and interesting. I highly recommend this site, if you have kids.

The letters are clickable, and takes you to another page with vivid colors to get your kid's attention with sounds and voice.




Interactive game, teaches your kid to recognize
lower case and capital letters. 
A fun way for the kids to learn. Aside from watching educational videos on youtube. A good flash-enabled touch tablet will be great for this. I'm thinking of buying one for my kids.

"Now when she learned her ABC's I'll teach her to compile kernels.lol"





0 comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Adbox

2013_06_03_AFF_Mobiles_300x250

My Visitors