the shaman

life of a troll shaman inside and outside world of warcraft...

leaderboard

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Why is it good to have a live linux iso, cd or usb drive

Linux Mint 8 Helena
My slowest computer running winxp, when it crashes. Using my ready-made linux distros live cd installer saved on a 2GB flash drive. I just boot up the pc, and run a live session to access files or perform a backup even if your windows system won't boot up. I have a backup windows ISO saved on my external drive.

Since when you use linux live cd, dvd, or usb drive. All devices works out of the box, even your cd burning optical drives. Looking at the image on the left, I am burning an installer from my backup ISO, because some of my installer is not with me at the moment. Also I managed to get some files out to completely perform a clean install on this machine.



My Pre-dinner meal
While waiting for the stuff to get burned and do install a new winxp running, a nice whopping Jolibee Champ can keep you company.
My Dinner, putaneska by ninei

If you need to know how to get any linux distro to run on your usb, visit this link. It's where I learned how to convert my usb drive into a live running linux. You can download their usb key installer to install your ISO to the usb drive. If you are running windows, or mac. They have instructions there.

It's handy to have one with you at all times, when you need a working system during system crashes.




0 comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Adbox

2013_06_03_AFF_Mobiles_300x250

My Visitors