the shaman

life of a troll shaman inside and outside world of warcraft...

leaderboard

Sunday, August 01, 2010

The Shaman, Ubuntu 10.04 LTS and MSI Wind

Yes, finally decided to take my wife's MSI wind to open source operating systems. Featuring Ubuntu 10.04 LTS. Right now, after installing linux, I am right now updating the system, while waiting for it to finish, I decided to post my progress.



Installed it thru usb drive and haven't encountered any problems or whatsoever.


My next step on my list is installing wine and try running World of Warcraft. So I can compare the Framerate between microsoft and linux thru wine on the same hardware. With winxp framerate goes from 4-10 FPS. Let's see how will it go with Ubuntu 10.04 LTS.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Adbox

2013_06_03_AFF_Mobiles_300x250

My Visitors