the shaman

life of a troll shaman inside and outside world of warcraft...

leaderboard

Thursday, July 08, 2010

Globe Wimax Review Final Take

I have been newly subscribed with Globe Wimax, so I can give my take with this 4G infrastructure Globe is boasting about consistent and stable broadband wireless internet. What I notice about this is that, when you first subscribed the installers will bring the blender (Globe Wimax Modem), and an aerial antenna. When you subscribed for 1mbps, you will only get 512 kbps bandwidth. The technician/installers said it will take a few days to get your blender MAC address configured on the datanet server so it will give you your subscribed speed. You can speed it up by making a call to support but one call is not enough, However the representatives is not very helpful and delude you that the problem is with the subscriber setup, like computer hardware, antenna, everything that they can think of to get you to stop whining.



I got my subscribed speed after three weeks, I've been loosing hope with this provider and about to consider getting rid of it and looking for another who offer a better service. From my experience, so those of you who will be interested to avail Globe Wimax this will help you, a forum poster in tipidpc.com named domsaint made a checklist if you are a first time subscriber, I highly recommend you reading this Globe Wimax 101 Tips and Tricks.

Now, what I hate about Globe is their response time to cater the needs of the subscriber. They are so slow and some added frustration their Customer Support sucks. I will not even dare go into details.

The juicy part of this review is that I am now satisfied with my service from Globe Wimax 4G technology. I can say they deliver their advertised speeds, consistency and stable wireless broadband. After you got what you subscribed, because you will not get it right away, this is for 1mbps package only. But with the ones who subscribed for 512 kbps package, I have no idea if they will get the same experience.

Another point about Wimax, is when I move to another location such as another house around town, I just bring my blender (modem) and I can still get online without the antenna. What you will notice is that even if your signal and link quality is below 50% you will still get your bandwidth. So your speed is not dependent on your signal. But if its lower than 10% you will experience a big impact on the performance. I suggest you find a good reception by placing the blender anywhere it gets good signal, rotating it or placing at high places near windows.

Below is a video of my speed test on three speed test sites.



Ratings:1 lowest, 10 highest
Customer Service -         2 (very poor)
Speed -                         10 (after the hardship, be patient guys)
Consistency/Reliability -  8

If you find this article helpful, please share it.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope globe broadband goes bankrupt! Bulok service. ive had no connection for 8 days now. ive been calling since day one! they promised to call back but no one does!! bulok na ng internet , mas bulok pa support! I applied for 1 mbs but i cant even open yahoo! i have to refresh the page every time! They should have tested their system before operating! Im appealing to all those who are looking to get a wimax! dont subscribe to Globe! speed sucks! and customer service hangang sorry na lang! dont make a mistake!! Napa subo lang ako kasi i had no choice!

Unknown said...

or the best thing to say is, i hope globe gets a new batch of customer service representatives? or retrain their agents? or replace the person incharge of quality of service?

i'm having a good service with globe wimax, bandwidth and consistency is good, the only thing that sucks is their CSRs. =D

Read more: http://www.dashaman.com/2010/07/globe-wimax-review-part-2.html
Under Creative Commons License: Attribution
Hobbies & Toys Play-Asia.com

Anonymous said...

I hope anyone from the subscribers will disagree or oppose with that thing they do now, that limits the plan 1mb subscribers to capped for 25 gig per month only and will lower your speed to dial up speed, very opposite to their TV commercial of unlimited internet, yet its limited.

Unknown said...

hello anonymous, yes nothing is unlimited alright, it is stated in the fine print, regarding the 25GB monthly limit, maybe its their way of limiting heavy users who transact large amount of data such as torrents and downloads, etc. so their network will not be that clogged. but still, they should have explained it better and not using the term "unlimited" i think someone from globe commented on my blog about this 25GB bandwidth somewhere, he said "nothing is really unlimited"

i also disagree with that also, i don't like limits too.=D but when the time comes an ISP offers something like that, the true unlimited or a new technology. things will be different. =D

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Adbox

2013_06_03_AFF_Mobiles_300x250

My Visitors