the shaman

life of a troll shaman inside and outside world of warcraft...

leaderboard

Thursday, January 24, 2013

Enchancing your Globe Wimax antenna gain with an old satellite dish

I have been plagued with a very poor signal strength due to bad location or area from my house. With the standard aerial antenna that comes with my Globe Wimax. I have decided to try using an old satellite tv dish lying around and put it to good use. Everything is in temporary mounting for this little experiment. You will notice rust and dirt on my dish and antenna receiver, as I have mounted this around 7:00 pm with a little rainshower.

Check out more photos after the break.



My signal is ranging from 60% only before this experiment, antenna is mounted on a steel tube with the height of estimated 30 feet from the ground. Facing North-Northeast approximately. After the mod my antenna sits around 10-15 feet from the ground, antenna facing South-southwest facing on the dish. I have used a temporary mounting since the tv antenna has different mounting and is not designed to accomodate the Globe Wimax antenna. So I have to test it and used regular tube interrior rubber cut out to be used to hold it tight and a little rock to wedge the antenna into a desired position. It was dark and a little rain when I was doing this at the roof. So far it has given me a better signal strength and link quality than before.

Later when time permits, I will clean up, paint up the dish and fabricate a good mounting bracket since this experiment has given me positive results. Be sure to check out for my upcomming post regarding this later on.

As promised, here are more photos for those DIY and Wimax fans out there.
Better than my previous

3 LED is up


My preious antenna mount


Rusty Dish


Yes, a little DIY trick, with a rock and rubber tire tube


Dirty Antenna






0 comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Adbox

2013_06_03_AFF_Mobiles_300x250

My Visitors